Joint Activity (JA) Project of Myright Sweden
This is the main project of Disability organizations Joint Front (DOJF) and has duration of three years (2015 – 2017). This project is implemented under the supervision of MyRight, Sri Lanka. “Improved conditions for enactment of new disability rights bill and efficient monitoring of enforcement of disability legislation, regulations and policies through enhanced capacity of Disability Organisations Joint Front’s member organizations” being the main project objective, there are five (5) immediate objectives as mentioned below.
1. Enhanced awareness on rights of persons with disabilities amongst authorities, decision makers and other stakeholders.
2. Improved conditions for enactment of new disability rights bill and the ratification of UNCRPD.
3. Improved preconditions for monitoring of enforcement of disability legislation, regulations and policies through enhanced capacity of Disability Organisations Joint Front’s member organizations.
4. Enhanced organizational, democratic and advocacy capacity of Disability Organizations Joint Front and its member organizations.
5. Enhanced opportunities for training and education for persons with disabilities.
Number of activities was planned under each immediate objective and has been implementing since 2015. At present this project plays a major role by being the main project implemented under DOJF, and all its member organizations directly benefits from the capacity development activities. Persons with Disabilities in Sri Lanka will benefit through monitoring the implementation of the Disability legislation. The political authority will have an increased understanding of Disability rights through closer cooperation.
For the betterment of the Persons with Disabilities in Sri Lanka, Siloam Center for the Blind in Korea together with Korea Disabled People’s Development Institute, and Disability Joint Front’s coordination launched four
A cultural celebration was held to commemorate the International Day of Persons with Disabilities on the 8th of December 2016 at the Colombo Public Library Auditorium under the theme “Achieving the 17 goals for the future we w